Your opinion

Your opinion

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Something, Something About This Place

Why do I hate it here so bad?

Let me explain. I live in a tiny little town. 60-90k people. I'm currently sitting in our "big bad brand new airport" that has all of one terminal and is currently, to my view, vacant. At 7:20pm.

I just flew back from a business conference in Los Angeles, CA. My company's largest ever. We has an olympic gold medalist as a keynote speaker. I talked to people about how my life has been impacted and talked to them about impacting others.

But that was sooooo 6 hours ago. Now I'm back in this small town, with nothing but sky and dirt. Yay.

Something about this town makes me want to run, screaming, into an oblivion. Something about this town makes me want to listen to hard music and escape. Something about this place causes extreme anger to boil inside me. Something about this town wreaks of pretension and insignificance. Something about this place....

No comments:

Post a Comment