Your opinion

Your opinion

Monday, July 23, 2012

If you don't like me....is that MY problem?

There are a few reasons I have noticed that people get irritated with me. I had an experience today and this is what I realized from it.

First, I talk. A lot. This can not only be mildly irritating to some, but grating to others. What people don't see is: when I see this happening I try to keep stuff to myself, but it's difficult for me.

Second, I love being helpful. I will jump in and do it if I know it needs done, even if I'm not sure how to do it. I'm going to try. What people don't see is: this scares me to death. I have a horrific fear of failure. This situation is perfect for failure.

Third, I fail a lot when I do that. I step on toes, I make mistakes, sometimes I hurt feelings. What people don't see: this hurts me deeply. Often it torments me. I hate failing, I hate doing things wrong, and I hate it when I can't make everybody happy.

Here is the thing: these weaknesses are my strengths.

I talk to anyone. I'm mostly happy when I talk. I know a lot. If you listen you just might learn something. I also can make people feel welcome.

I will jump in and do things. You don't have to take a long time training me. I will learn while I do. Time is expensive and I can save it by jumping in and learning by doing.
I learn from failure. I don't do things again. I do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen. My failing will help others not fail....because I TALK.

So you know what? I'm sorry I grate on your nerves. I'm sorry I step on your toes and I'm very sorry I fail. But I can't believe anymore that that is MY problem. I won't sup caring about how you feel. I'll try and hold my tongue. I'll try to not fail. When I fail I will try and make it up.

After that, it's not MY problem.

It's yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment